Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Pot study #6
5.5 x 5.5"
micron pen .005 on cold press water colour paper

I've solved my difficulty with 'morning pages'. I don't like the idea of writing screeds and then falling under the proverbial bus and having some one else come along and read them. Nor do I like the idea of throwing them straight away. But writing small, and overlapping lines straight onto an art work makes lovely texture, don't you think!
As you can see, I'm having fun with these pot studies -focussing on using composition and playing with shadows to create an expressive piece.

7 comments:

Laura Frankstone said...

Yes, yes, these are really you!! Now, when you've finished these, can we have a book of pot shadows and scratchy textures as a companion volume to the memory paintings one? You are amazing.

Tami said...

What a clever way to deal with Morning Pages. I have had the same thoughts about them getting run across, I love this idea. These drawings a simply amazing!

Teri said...

Fantastic shadows! Great way to deal with those morning pages (I hated them :)

Judybec said...

I'm not a fan of morning pages either.... your way with dealing with them is terrific! I love it!

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

What's 'morning pages'? I haven't come across that term before. Does it mean you can't draw early in the day?
w.
Nice background texture - what a beaut idea to use words!

Anonymous said...

Is this what you did here Alison...the background, is it your morning pages? It is a fantastic idea and it looks wonderful!
Ronell

quirkyartist said...

I love these POT works. I particularly like the way you use shadows. I thought I was the only one who thought that about Morning Pages - what if I died and someone read them. I usually only do them when I have an 'issue,' so it's usually a lot of complaining.