Thursday, May 18, 2006

Jako has tagged me.
My closet is too boring (it's really my DH's space) so here's a tiny selection of what's beside my bed. A lamp that was passed to me - I didn't choose it but it has a certain charm.
And Clown, recently retrieved from a box of childhood toys; a 'nose' my son made with help from my brother, for resting my glasses on; a tub of Nivea - I'm addicted to the beautiful blue and a glass of water that I now can't reliably use as I can never remember whether I've used it to wash my painting brush in!


And here is my fridge - full of - too, too much- I don't want to think about it - but today particularly featuring one lovely green lettuce; eggs our hens didn't lay since they have been twice taken by foxes so the hen-run is vacant; pink, plum fluff, just made - from my father's plums and a can of Carnation milk; gravy waiting for sausages to be added - a meal for my parents so my Dad doesn't have to cook so much as well as care for Mum, and a red pencil on a piece of string so everyone can add to the shopping list.


And I don't have a car but my studio is a converted carport. It has everything in it (except food which would bring in the cockroaches). Featuring today, scissors (17 pairs somewhere, here badly drawn because I couldn't actually find any); Clothilda, my muse; my sewing machine; the 'last elephant'?(Ihope not), made in Africa from a Mortein(insect spray)can; and a headline from the newspaper - 'Missing Mother Found'. Note the sign by the door - it catches my 'I want to do art but sometimes I just don't get started' dilemma.
I don't know who else to tag. A lot of people have done it recently. If you haven't, go ahead - it's fun - 5 things each in your closet, car and fridge - or anywhere - you don't have to draw them.

9 comments:

Tami said...

Alison, you did a fine job with your lists. I love your studio and would hang out there all the time, cracked up at "Clothilda" , everyone needs a muse. I think that may be my next order of business, finding the right one. So what exactly is Plum fluff(?)?
It sounds interesting....Love the little pictures as always!

Shelly McC said...

Brilliant! I love the idea of drawing the items in your tag lists.

pedalpower said...

great drawings...and I love your "GO" sign!

Felicity said...

Thanks for your comments Alison. This list is really extensive! I like the Missing Mother Found - summons up a picture of you buried under a mountain of arty materials!

AnastasiaC said...

These drawn tags are so clever!! great stuff!

Tami said...

Okay Alison, I am looking for more laughs form your memory book....(hear that sound, it's fingers drumming on the table :>)

Jan said...

Excellent work! And such a lot of it. I particularly like your fridge, with just a touch of colour. I love the brown eggs!

Sioux said...

Really cool sketches and commentary!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Love the fridge drawing - I realy like the way you've just added a little colour here and there - and in my attempt I did something very similar. Your work is really good.