Thursday, April 13, 2006


EDM Challenge #62 Do something you haven't done before.
Late last night, already in bed, with Hubby urging me to put the light out, I started working in a new little journal - a stitched one so I can't tear the pages out without feeling very criminal. I found the white spread very intimidating and had no idea what to do. Then I saw my lovely corduroy quilt making a mountain over my legs... I used my watercolour pencils which I've had for ages but not used and washed the background with tea.

6 comments:

Lin said...

SUCH A NEAT SKETCH! AND super perspective!! GREAT idea, too !! LOVELY -- just LOVELY!

Tami said...

I love the colored quilt with everything else lightly toned with tea(?).

Anonymous said...

What a great way to incorporate the journaling into the picture you drew.

Lydia Velarde said...

Alison, I really like how you combined the color with b/w. I like the memory sketches too!
Lydia

Penny said...

Alison I really love your stuff. The memory pages give me a giggle. Your befroom one is terrific, you are lucky you had time to do it!
Thanks for your comments on my blog. Penny in Victor Harbor

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

WOW! This is absolutley brilliant!